Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BigJOE JOEtisserie Prototype Part II.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on this? Weather is getting better and really want to get my hands on one

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
      Any updates on this? Weather is getting better and really want to get my hands on one
      FedEx delivered mine on 3-14-2017.

Comment

I got mine and tried to use it but it doesn't fit. I know they were trying to keep things tight for air leaks but they shouldn't have made the tolerances this close. I would assume there is more variance in the ceramic bottoms then they expected. I have contacted KJ and I am waiting for their response.
        Earl

Comment

How do I order one of these?

Comment

I got mine from BBQ Guys http://www.bbqguys.com/item_item_2957625.html
            Earl

Comment

anyone know if it will fit an XL BGE? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                anyone know if it will fit an XL BGE? Thanks
                Supposed to also fit the XL BGE but with the fitment problems I have with mine, I would do some measuring before I ordered one.
                Earl

Comment

I took a chance as BBQ Guys showed 10 in stock after Earl posted the link and by the next morning it showed 2 so I jumped on it hoping it would fit my XL BGE. Figured worst case I could flip it locally and get back most of my money on it. I am happy to say it fits fine. The sides are flush and the full gasket covers the ring. The back is a little short but it looks like about half of the gasket is covered and the front is also offset a little but about 2/3 of the gasket is covered. I figured that is more than enough gasket coverage for a medium temperature cook like this. I would be concerned with a high temp pizza type cook but for 350-450 degrees it should be plenty good. Worst case I nuke my seals and I'll replace them. Its raining here in the SF Bay Area but should clear up tomorrow so hopefully get a chance to test this out before I head out of town monday for work. I'll get some more pictures. Thanks for the link Earl!! I have been waiting for over a year for this

Comment

You have had better luck than I have. I am still going around with KJ and have about given up getting anything resolved.
                    Earl

Comment

Working...
                    X