BBQ Guru temp controller on Junior?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Guru temp controller on Junior?

Anyone use a Guru on the junior? They don't seem to have a model that fits the vent on Junior, so I'm wondering if it's easy to MacGyver, or........?

No but I don't think it would be practical on a Joe junior. However its pretty practical on the Big Joe and Joe classic.

Comment

Originally posted by protecteur View Post
      No but I don't think it would be practical on a Joe junior. However its pretty practical on the Big Joe and Joe classic.

You obviously don't know how lazy I am. I've gotten to the point where, even if I'm roasting a chicken at 350, I throw a fire starter in and turn on my Auber, then head back into the house while it brings to temp haha

Comment

If you really are set on getting one Im sure you could modify one to fit, but Im with protecteur on this, Not practical, besides they are really expensive
        Palmdale Ca.
        Red Classic Joe -
        Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

I find there is more of a need on a JR than the regular or Big Joe. Many times I have had the fire go out on the JR trying to lower/control temperature. I do not see this issue on m Big Joe. I would definitely take the plunge on these expensive controllers if I could use it on the multiple Joe's that I have

Comment

I find that all three sizes of my Kamado Joes mirror each other in performance. I own two controllers, and can't remember the last time I've used either one.

Comment

I use my controller all the time for long Smokes. I want to insure stable temps and my BBQ Guru works great, for nothing else but peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
              X