New Wi-Fi Enabled Temperature Controller - SMOBOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wi-Fi Enabled Temperature Controller - SMOBOT

For those interested in a WiFi enabled temperature controller to monitor your cooks via the internet there is really cool one coming out called SMOBOT.

You can find more information via their Kickstarter campaign page http://Ui0kncIp.kckb.st. The campaign ends this Thursday at 3pm central. By making a pledge now, you can get one at a discount. For disclosure purposes, I'm NOT associated with this company but I'm a backer as I've made a pledge on their Kickstarter page so I'm seriously hoping they make their goal! Your pledge will only turn into a monetary transaction if they make their goal and since I really want this controller, I'm trying to spread the word

IMO it has a much better design and is less expensive than the current ones in the marketplace. The other ones I'm familiar with have a fan which blows air via the bottom vent of your cooker whereas this one uses an electronic damper on the top vent. My understanding is their current design is only compatible with the older KJ top vents and not the new 2017 KJ top vents. You can find additional information including a video on how it works via the link above or via their website at http://www.smobot.com/.

Since there hasn't been any recent news on the KJ BBQ Wizard, thought I would share this here as I love this design and can't wait to use it!
    Check out the SMOBOT Robotic Grill & Smoker Controller Campaign, it's awesome. Live on Kickstarter
    Black KJ BigJoe * Medium BGE * Weber Genesis Special Edition * Auber Temperature Controller * Maverick ET-733 * ThermoPop

Thanks for posting this! I funded for 2 of them for my big joes. I'm excited to see if they work.,

Comment

Yeah, there's no way those would work on the re-designed KamadoJoe's. I'd be amazed if they hold any kind of temperature without having some kind of a fan assist to move air through the Kamado, but time will tell. I just ordered a Flame Boss 300 WiFi. A friend of mine just picked one up and was raving about it. He lent to me to do a 16 hour brisket cook and I was amazed at the performance. I set it at 225°F and for five times it moved up to 226°F for just a short time, and that was the whole variance during the whole 16 hours except for when I opened the dome to wrap. I was gone from home for three hours to take a 60 mile round trip to see my dad, and I monitored the cook whole time I was gone. I didn't need to make any adjustments while I was gone, but I could have had I needed to. I have two other controllers that I rarely use, but neither one can be monitored or controlled remotely. This Flame Boss will be a game changer. I hope that kick starter unit comes to fruition. I bought my Carson Rodizio's through a kick starter program and had good luck with that. I hope this SMOBOT controller goes as smooth, as the Rodizio did.

Comment

Originally posted by tredagreat View Post
        Thanks for posting this! I funded for 2 of them for my big joes. I'm excited to see if they work.,

No problem as I'm sure you're as excited as me to get your hands on one! For Andy... I'll share my thoughts as soon as I receive one. I've never used a Flame Boss but I've heard nothing but good things about them. However, I really like this design and I especially like the price point with all the features.
        Black KJ BigJoe * Medium BGE * Weber Genesis Special Edition * Auber Temperature Controller * Maverick ET-733 * ThermoPop

Comment

Working...
        X