X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Joe Owner -Flexible Cooking System

Hello I just got my new grill. I am excited to get started using it. Steaks tonight.
    I have a question about the flexible grilling system. I got the deflector plate, the wire metal stand and two half moon shaped grill grates is there suppose to be a whole grate as well or is that what you get when you get the grill extender?
    Thanks and looking forward to using my new 'Joe'

Mark
    New grill with two half moon shape grates

Wow, you beat me too it, mine should show up on Tuesday! The pictures in the post announcing the new rack on the KJ forum show a fill circle cooking surface, John's wing video only shows half moon grills

Comment

Pretty nice. I just got mine last week and it must be an earlier version of the Classic as it didn't come with that set-up. I guess I should have read this forum before I purchased. I have the deflector, grill and extension grill but this one seems more versatile.

Comment

I have ordered a Big Joe, and my understanding is that is should come with both. Haven't rec'd it yet, so I can't say for certain, but the pics and description on BBQguys.com show both...... at least for the Big Joe.

Comment

I'll have to check with Megan to see if I just order the metal frames from the Flexible cooking system. I already have the half moons.
          Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Steven are your half moon deflector plates for the Classic Joe or the Big Joe?

Comment

My bigjoe with the flexible cooking system arrived today! Yay! I have the same components you listed. I am trying to figure out how to raise the deflector plates for higher temp bakes.

Comment

The Garden Gate now has the Flexible cooking system in stock, I just ordered one for my Big Joe fr $49.99
                1 Kamado Joe Big Joe Black 1 Kamado Joe Jr. Red - 1 Weber Jumbo Joe - 1 Smoky Mountain vertical smoker - 1 JRA Gas Grill Island

Comment

Originally posted by JaxxQ View Post
                  The Garden Gate now has the Flexible cooking system in stock, I just ordered one for my Big Joe fr $49.99
                  They are also offering 10% off on all Kamado Joes':

http://www.thegardengates.com/Kamado...lls-c1451.aspx
                  ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
                  Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
                  GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
                  Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
                  "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

I am assuming the Flexible Cooking System is the same as the "Divide and Conquer" that was just reviewed on Youtube...?

Comment

Originally posted by TGillman77 View Post
                      I am assuming the Flexible Cooking System is the same as the "Divide and Conquer" that was just reviewed on Youtube...?
                      It is TG!...same system.
                      ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
                      Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
                      GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
                      Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
                      "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

Thanks Andy... Think I am going to go ahead and order one. Where are some places that y'all order your accessories from ? I am needing a new grill grate too...

Comment

I saw this yesterday about thegardengates having the new flexible rack in stock . I ordered one for my classic , it was 35.99 with the discount . It had no other disclaimers on the description at the time I ordered it . Now today when I went on the site it stated that these would be shipping in April . Also that it does not include the half moon heat deflector with it . Does anybody know what this will include with it ? Thanks for any help in this .

Comment

• JaxxQ
                            JaxxQ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I ordered one as well for my Big Joe and when I got my confirmation email it did say that it was due to ship the 1st week of April, also I did ask them what is included and they said it comes with the 2 half cooking grates only, it does not include the reflector plates or the X rack

Thanks for the info JaxxQ .

Comment

I did pizza last night and inverted the rack assembly to get reflector and pizza stone away from fire. Not sure this is kosher?

Comment

Working...
                            X