New KJ Classic in Northern Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KJ Classic in Northern Ohio

Thanks to Jeff Fox and his ability to persuade my wife to the KJ way, I scored the Roadshow deal this week at the Perrysburg OH.Costco. Thanks Jeff, we are looking forward to giving this Classic our first test next week.
    Open for suggestions from the forum for what meat is most forgiving for this newbies first low and slow cook.

Hey Djcarl87, welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest a pork butt if you want to start low and slow, they have a pretty forgiving temperature range for the cook, and it is really hard to mess one up. I would also suggest watching the YouTube videos of the pork butt along with other cooks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and Welcome to the Kamado Joe family! Also feel free to check out my blog for cool recipes, tutorials, and reviews!

http://kamadojoegrillingpassion.blogspot.ca/

Happy grilling

Comment

I vote ribs. 4-5 hours of cook time. Hard to really mess up to the point its not good. Really just a matter of how long you foil for, for a fall of the bone meat, or bite off. I prefer biting off good. ^^

Comment

Hoping someone can help me out. This was my first light of my KJ Classic. The ash basket will not go in far enough for the air register to fully close. Did I assemble wrong? There are no lump obstructions and basket seems to be hitting the ceramic on far side when put in. Is this basket supposed to be in during a cook? I assume yes to prevent ash coming out. Owners manual does not even mention this basket.

Thanks

Comment

Yes it should go in all the way. Make sure the opening in the fire box is lined up correctly. Can you take a pic of the inside, looking down from the top? That would be helpful.
              Earl

Comment

Thanks Earl,
                I plan to take it apart tomorrow before I fire it up for Super Bowl. I will look for the is alignment.

Comment

Working...
                X