Horrible experience with BBQGuys...and Kamado Joe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible experience with BBQGuys...and Kamado Joe

Admin please move if posted in the wrong place.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a moment to share my horrible experience. More than anything I'm curious if anyone else has had the same disastrous experience.

I have heard nothing but good about Kamado Joe and BBQguys customer service but my experience has not been the same.

I ordered a big joetisserie early last month. Like another customer, I had issues getting the joetiserrie to fit. Its simply to big. Apparently there was some variances in the Big Joes. In any case I contacted Kamado Joe and BBQGuys for a resolution. My thought was that either Kamado Joe would send me another one in hopes it would fit, or BBQGuys would accept a return. I really to this day hoped that Kamado Joe would fix the issue. They however recommended I go through the return with BBQGuys. It has been a month now, and I have been told Fedex would come pick up the box. When I called yesterday they claimed that Fedex had made an attempt. Well I can tell you that is a freaking lie. I have motion activated camera, not to mention either my wife or I have been home. NO attempt has been made to pick up the box. What makes things worse is that both companies ignore my emails. I have to call just to get a response, and when I do, its full of empty promises.

Frankly, more than anything, I am disappointed. These are supposed to be two great companies, but my personal experiences say otherwise..

Will be posting this on other forum sites too.

Ask bbqguys to email you a Fed ex label or to give you the account number to put on a label.

Comment

KJ's support has been slow of late, imo. However that has nothing to do with your issue. I can't conceive of contacting KJ in this instance instead of BBQ guys. Unfortunately, that was just a waste of your time

Comment

The same thing happened to me, the Jotesserie wouldn't fit my grill. I contacted Kamado Joe because it's their product and it's suppose to fit. It's not BBQ guys fault that it didn't fit my grill. KJ should have known the amount of variance in the bottoms over the years and not made the Big Jotisserie quite as large as they did. We are only talking about 1/16th of an inch smaller and there wouldn't be any problems.
        Earl

Comment

And thus the frustration. Attempting to contact KJ first in this scenario is ridiculous. That is why they are referring back to BBQ Guys. BBQ Guys has your cash, proof of your purchase, shipping info, etc. If something is wrong with a car I purchase I contact the dealer first- not direct call Ford or Chevrolet. Everyone is free to continue to attempt this cart before the horse approach. As a former customer service rep, I can assure you the self created frustration will continue

Comment

BBQ Guys have been 110% for me over the last several years.

Comment

BBQ boys suck. They sold me a KJ Classic that they said was in stock and would ship the next day. When I didn't here anything I called and they said they were out of stock and it would be about 2 weeks before more arrived. I cancelled immediately, bought one on Amazon and it came 4 days later.

Comment

What Kamado Al said.

Comment

Or call fed ex and either have them pick it up, or drop off at fed ex.
                  Generally when I make an online purchase a sticker to send it back is included. If that was not the case for you, I'm sure they would send you one, or just make one. Then send it back. Until you send it back you can't get a refund. If you keep it nobody is going to give you another. If you want a refund you must return it. That is how it works with every retailer since forever.
                  Last edited by prowe; 04-30-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamado Al View Post
                    And thus the frustration. Attempting to contact KJ first in this scenario is ridiculous. That is why they are referring back to BBQ Guys. BBQ Guys has your cash, proof of your purchase, shipping info, etc. If something is wrong with a car I purchase I contact the dealer first- not direct call Ford or Chevrolet. Everyone is free to continue to attempt this cart before the horse approach. As a former customer service rep, I can assure you the self created frustration will continue

Yes you are entirely right. However in this case it was not so strait forward. BBQGuys have a policy that items must be UNUSED for a full return. The joetisserie was def used, paint was scrapped off while being installed. Also, I had to pay the return shipping, which was $20+ Not a huge amount, but why should I be out $20 for a defective product? Just the principle of it all.

For above reason, I had to involve Kamado Joe. Their product, their warranty.

In any case, issue resolved AFTER making it public. Remember I tried for a month to resolve the issue. I didn't make a public complaint on a whim. I was truly frustrated and at the end of the rope.

Comment

Originally posted by prowe View Post
                      Or call fed ex and either have them pick it up, or drop off at fed ex.
                      Generally when I make an online purchase a sticker to send it back is included. If that was not the case for you, I'm sure they would send you one, or just make one. Then send it back. Until you send it back you can't get a refund. If you keep it nobody is going to give you another. If you want a refund you must return it. That is how it works with every retailer since forever.

Yes..I know this.. Thanks. I was trying to get it returned. or a replacement that fit. not get a freebie.

Comment

So how did KJ resolve it?
                        Earl

Comment

Yes they did. They coordinated with BBQGuys to take the return, and they paid the for the return.

Comment

The guy who got beat up and dragged off the plane had a horrible experience. This strikes me as a minor irritation. YRMV

Comment

Working...
                            X