Replacement Fire Box: Shipped to rhe door in 72 Hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Fire Box: Shipped to rhe door in 72 Hours

Thanks for all of your help Meghan. The replacement fire box arrived this morning to replace the cracked firebox on the Red Big Joe. I emailed Meghan on Monday and it arrived via Fex-Ex by Thursday. Orginally I was planning to keep the cracked firebox in the Red Joe. I was hoping the crack would stay relatively straight. The crack started to run in two differnt directions at the bottom of the fire ring. So it was only a matter of time before a piece would fall off at the bottom of the firebox.---It is one of the older fire boxes without the expansion cut line. We'll see how well the new one holds up over the next couple of year. The Red Big Joe still has 18 years left on the ceramics. Getting a replacement was quick and 100% hassle free. This of often not the case with most BBQ companies that operate in Canada. It took Weber 6-weeks to ship a replacement part for my ash ring on my Kettle. It's very impressive to see a replacement part shipped out so quickly. Canadians really should research how long service parts take to arrive before dropping money on a Kamado Brand. I'm doubtful the other brands would even come close to KJ's turn around time.
    Cracked Fire Box in Red Big Joe Hairline cracks running in opposing directions on old fire box. The Brand new firebox Replacement
    Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Hmmm did KJ stop making the expansion seem in the firebox and ring. Mine came with one
    Palmdale Ca.
    Red Classic Joe -
    Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

I thought the ceramics had a lifetime guarantee? Am I mistaken? My firebox cracked horizontally around the entire piece so it comes out in two pieces. It has the expansion slot also. Meghan helped me and I got a new one--awesome service. I was curious to see how my grill would perform with the broken box and it does great. I haven't unpackaged my new firebox yet and that's been six months ago! When I drop it or it breaks beyond repair, I'll break the new one out. (Hopefully not break)

Comment

My Black Big Joe has the cut line. I think this firebox was sitting around the Missisauga warehouse for a couple of years. Who knows, this firebox may last 10 years without cracking. There's people with Big Joes from 2012 that still have a pristine firebox.
        Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
          I thought the ceramics had a lifetime guarantee? Am I mistaken? My firebox cracked horizontally around the entire piece so it comes out in two pieces. It has the expansion slot also. Meghan helped me and I got a new one--awesome service. I was curious to see how my grill would perform with the broken box and it does great. I haven't unpackaged my new firebox yet and that's been six months ago! When I drop it or it breaks beyond repair, I'll break the new one out. (Hopefully not break)
          You're right Woodman. I think that changed to Lifetime on the ceramic recently to compete against BGE. It was 20 years on ceramics a few years ago.

Comment

For preventative measures, would it make any sense to cut a expansion slot in my older fire ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Mccaf View Post
              For preventative measures, would it make any sense to cut a expansion slot in my older fire ring?
              You could but I would not recommend it. If you damage the firebox while cutting it yourself a replacement will not be covered under warranty. It's likely a fairly large industrial wet saw was used to create a cut line in the newer fire boxes. It would be very hard to find a consumer tool that can safety cut an odd shaped non-coated ceramic surface.

Comment

Glad to see that folks got their fire box replaced puts me a little more at ease, I went to clean mine this morning and noticed my firebox had a hairline crack horizontal around the box it came out in two pieces. Just emailed customer care. Hopefully will hear something back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Owen View Post
                  ...It would be very hard to find a consumer tool that can safety cut an odd shaped non-coated ceramic surface.
                  A diamond coated blade in a reciprocating saw would probably do it fairly easily and neatly. Not that I would suggest someone do that.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyG View Post

A diamond coated blade in a reciprocating saw would probably do it fairly easily and neatly. Not that I would suggest someone do that.
                    You're right. You can cut it yourself at home. I'm not saying you couldn't cut a relief cut at home. The risk with using a power hand tool is a lot vibration. There's always a chance you'll cause a crack with a little bad luck.

If the firebox cracks, KJ will replace it. Why would you do any mods when the Firebox is 100% covered by the manufacturer at the risk of voiding your warranty?

Comment

I am on my second fire box that has disintegrated (cracked then turned to rubble). How do I go about getting a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by botchjr View Post
                        I am on my second fire box that has disintegrated (cracked then turned to rubble). How do I go about getting a new one?
                        ??? same process you used before...

Comment

Working...
                        X