Spatchcock Chicken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spatchcock Chicken

Looking to do a spatchcock chicken this weekend. What's your best technique and rub?

This was my second cook on my KJ,key for me was letting it dry overnight
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm

Comment

Taken from the link above
      if you desire a crispier skin, you can leave the bird in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours, uncovered, to dry the skin. The skin will start to look transparent and funky, but trust us. Oil the skin before applying your rub and that will aid in the crispiness also.

Ifyou desire a crispier skin, you can leave the bird in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours, uncovered, to dry the skin. The skin will start to look transparent and funky, but trust us. Oil the skin before applying your rub and that will aid in the crispiness also.

Comment

Personally I like "Montreal Spice" for chickens. I have done them a few spatchcock chickens and Montreal Spice has never failed. My second choice is a Portuguese chicken spice. I usually find these pre-spiced and spatchcocked already....but this is the lazy man option.

Comment

Try this wet marinade. Its a Portuguese recipe I got somewhere years ago and a family favourite.

1 tablespoon olive oil
          1 tablespoon lime juice
          1 tablespoon ground coriander
          1 tablespoon paprika
          1 teaspoon chilli flakes
          1 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
          1 teaspoon dried oregano
          1 teaspoon salt

Just combine all ingredients and marinate the chicken in the fridge, ideally overnight. If the marinade is a bit dry, just add a little water.

I cook mine on a direct fire, with my clean and oiled grill in the raised position.I tend to run the bottom door about halfway and dial back the top vent until the temperature is sitting just on 300.

Place the bird on the grill bone side down and turn over every 15 minutes until done.
          Last edited by Aussie_Robbo; 10-19-2016, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X