Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you own other brands of smokers / grills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own other brands of smokers / grills?

I am adding to my backyard grilling addiction, currently own a Kamado Joe Classic and a 13 year old Weber Spirit 310. Thinking of adding a Weber Master Touch 22 charcoal grill ... How many grilling tools do you own and are they all smokers, grills, or a variety?
    Just curious!!
    BogieDr

I have a Big Joe, Akorn, Akorn Jr. and a Camp Chef griddle. Yes, it's an addiction!!
    Earl

Comment

2 Classics, 2 BigJOEs, JoeJR, ComboJOE, Wood-Fired Oven, Cajun Grill and 2 PK Grills....I love them all!!!

Comment

2 Black Big Joe's, 1 Red Classic, 1 Red Jr., 1 Vision Classic M, My 1st ever smoker a Masterbuilt 40" upright smoker that I use as a warming station these days - 1 Blackstone 17" griddle for camping and a Weber Jumbo joe
        Palmdale Ca.
        Red Classic Joe -
        Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Big Joe, Big Steel Keg, Bayou Classic Cypress, black stone pizza oven. Also have a small gasser for tailgating and camping. Nextgrill or something like that.

Comment

Folks, I see I am becoming addicted to this "hobby" When I told the boss, (she is the one working, I am retired), that I was thinking of buying a Master Touch 22 she asked ... "why not the performer?"​When I told her of the $230 higher price for the Performer Deluxe she said, "so what? Go get it". Man do I have it made!!! Hope that by the weekend I will be smoking a bostob butt in the new grill, you know experimenting between KJ and Weber

Comment

Originally posted by Bogiedr View Post
              Folks, I see I am becoming addicted to this "hobby" When I told the boss, (she is the one working, I am retired), that I was thinking of buying a Master Touch 22 she asked ... "why not the performer?"​When I told her of the $230 higher price for the Performer Deluxe she said, "so what? Go get it". Man do I have it made!!! Hope that by the weekend I will be smoking a bostob butt in the new grill, you know experimenting between KJ and Weber
              Please introduce your wife to mine. Please.

Comment

Apart from the Kamado Joe classic I own a Weber Go Anywhere ®. Recently I bought GrillGrates for the Weber that I also use on my Kamado Joe. This makes the Weber a serious portable BBQ. I pack it full of stuff to use. See the photos.

Comment

I have two classic joe, Large Big Green Egg, Pit Barrel smoker, Little Wombat Grill, smokey joe, and a gaser. I plan in getting a Big Joe in the near future and a Trager grill.

Comment

Big Joe, Big Joe II, Joe Jr. The latter two have never been cooked on. Currently hiding in the garage.
                    Plan to sell the first to my Church and give the second away during a Low and Slow class.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kamado Al;n40772]Big Joe, Big Joe II, Joe Jr. The latter two have never been cooked on. Currently hiding in the garage.
                      Plan to sell the first to my Church and give the second away during a Low and Slow

The church is in the market for a kamado? Your church is clearly way cooler than mine. In all seriousness, what events does your church do? You must have some great events there if kamado kooking is big there. Up here people dont know anything bout kamados and for the most part think gas grilling 4 months of the year is the way to go.

Comment

Yo! Slooow down! lol. I didn't say it was big! And... I happen to be the pastor. lol. First of all, when we have dinners at the Church, it's too much of a burden for me to continue doing the cooking at home and expecting to be 100% on Sunday mornings. I need someone else to share the load. And, transferring the Big Joe back and forth is not practical. Also, I see this as an outreach opportunity: to pass down what little I know about smoking in general and now the Kamado, in specific. Perhaps, getting other local enthusiasts involved to share their methods / recipes.

Over the years, I've smoked turkeys, lamb roasts, chickens, etc for our gatherings on an offset and- in the past year- briskets on the Big Joe. Every one still thinks it's magic or something but, I've built a rep- at least in the Church- that I know what I'm doing. I've spent years getting the men to throw away their lighter fluid and this is the next step- from fast and quick to low and slow.

Anyway, we have been thinking about doing some kind of bbq competition or cooking skills class for some time. I am thinking this might be the best way to bridge the gap between the charcoal griller / natural gas burner to low and slow in particular and the ease of Kamado cooking in general. As much as I love stick burners- tending the fire was a lot of effort and the kamado- even sans DigiQ's, etc.- is a far more straight forward proposition.

Finally, I figure if I give a Joe Jr. away, I can hopefully get one at least other person involved in the craze... (this answer is far too long, btw)

Comment

Kamado AL, that is an awesome idea!! Both the "transfer" of the Joe and the BBQ competition, that would be a fun day!!! And yes, please continue your good work, not only in the spiritual sense, (we all need more of that, so thank you), but also the crusade against lighter fluid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X