received my jr today , small review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• received my jr today , small review

Received my jrthis morning, and already used it.

please excuse the photo quality, nothing is at it's definitive place... receiving the big tomorrow..
    • packaging quality was very great, easy to setup.
    • installed charcoal , and in less than 10 mns, I was at 700.... took a picture of it... 30 s later, was at more than 900 !!
    • My charcoal usually smell bad for 10 mns, this did not happened at all with the kamado, no wait time when it's hot, can't explain why.
    • cooked a thin ribeye, with some red salt on it -> got a crust, rare inside; and a steakhouse taste !!! got it only once on 300 cooks on my gasser (weber with sear station). Got it on the first cook here....
    • after closing all vents, it went fast to 400, added some eggplant with olive oil on them. -> tasty, sweet, tender.
    • added an apple as dessert, was like compote...
    one of my best grilling experience.... even if the pictures does not show it very well...

Can't wait to get the big tomorrow !

I would add that all this come true to the community, that decided me to buy... thanks again
    less than 10 mns, goes hotter 30 s later thin, crusty, rare, steakhouse taste tasty, sweet...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get my JR/Big Joe. I'm starting to look into transportation options for the JR to bring it camping. I'm sure it would be fine sitting out on the bed of my truck, but the extra protection will bring peace of mind.

Comment

Yeah it really looks fantastic. I hope you had good experience using this. From Nom Photo Sharing I am also trying new recipes these days and they turn out just great and found some recipes that were made using it. So I think I should also get it as soon as possible.

Comment

Congrats on your Jr, Kouik, you will have a lot of fun with that little guy
        Palmdale Ca.
        Red Classic Joe -
        Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Originally posted by alwyslpy View Post
          Looks awesome! Can't wait to get my JR/Big Joe. I'm starting to look into transportation options for the JR to bring it camping. I'm sure it would be fine sitting out on the bed of my truck, but the extra protection will bring peace of mind.
          I bring mine camping all of the time, All I do is remove the guts, Wrap a towel around the firebox and ring. place it back in, The grill grate and rack i put in another box. It works for me
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9523.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	836.2 KB
ID:	40092

Palmdale Ca.
          Red Classic Joe -
          Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Congrats on your Joe Jnr. you will love her!

Comment

Working...
            X