Win a Free Joe JR.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a Free Joe JR.....

The Kamado Joe Company is currently in the process of refining and marketing the new kamado rotisserie system. It is expected to hit the market sometime in 2015. Part of the refining process is to select a new name for the rotisserie system. That’s where you Forum Members come in. Help us select a name.

Entries must be submitted prior to Midnight on December 20th of this year. The winner will be selected by the Kamado Joe Company and will receive a Kamado Joe JR, shipped directly to your doorsteps. You will also become an official member of the Unofficial Kamado Joe Rotisserie Development Team. The position pays squat, but it will look good on a resume.

To Enter:

You MUST submit your suggestion to the announcement post on the Kamado Joe Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/KamadoJoe

Get your suggestion in by Midnight eastern time on Saturday, December 20th!

Last edited by andyscalzo; 12-13-2014, 03:41 PM.

I put the winner in!!! Kamado Joe Revolution!!!!! It sounds so good. So many people are copying it on Facebook lol!!!
    Kamado Joe Big Joe - Kamado Joe Classic - Kamado Joe Jr.

Comment

sounds like a winner to me Bosco
      Palmdale Ca.
      Red Classic Joe -
      Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

thanks JaxxQ lets hope that the powers that be agree with me!!!
        Kamado Joe Big Joe - Kamado Joe Classic - Kamado Joe Jr.

Comment

Hey Andy, I don't see a counter balance on that rod, is the motor powerful enough to spin unbalanced loads (within reason) at a consistent rotational rate?

And didn't I see a charcoal basket of some kind in some previous photos that kept your fire at the back?
          Red Joe Jr. • Black & Stainless Big Joe

Comment

Originally posted by bferne View Post
            Hey Andy, I don't see a counter balance on that rod, is the motor powerful enough to spin unbalanced loads (within reason) at a consistent rotational rate?

And didn't I see a charcoal basket of some kind in some previous photos that kept your fire at the back?

I've never used a counter balance bferne, in fact I don't currently even own one. Also I didn't use or have a charcoal basket for the sides. All thse cooks are done directly over live fire. So far I have only had to put a foil pan under the meat once, and that was later in a cook while I was spinning a Pork Butt. I probably could have got by without it, but I wanted to slow the cook down. That Pork Butt spun over a live fire was FANTASTIC!

Check-out as the camera zooms in...you can see the juices self-basting the meat. That's what rotisserie cooking is all about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCS_voJlIdY
            Last edited by andyscalzo; 12-14-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

How do you deal with the spit without a handle on the end, which is pretty typical in BBQ rotisserie setups?

Have you tried using the firebox divider to keep the coals lit only at the back? That's how I'd want to try setting it up to try and keep flames away from the meat, yet still allow high temps.

I'll go search for the image of the charcoal basket as I must have mistakenly thought you had posted it.

Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxbt...I&spfreload=10
              Last edited by bferne; 12-14-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

There is no handle because unlike most rotisseries, the end of the spit rod opposite the motor does not exit the grill, but rather just spins on a bushing like in the photo below inside the unit . You need BBQ gloves to remove it. A rotisserie requires a GOOD set of leather BBQ gloves. Non on these candy-ass silicone type gloves.

Kamado Joe is designing a side basket way better than the one in that link bferne. Think of a side basket made like a kick-ash basket, only with a heavier grade stainless steel. I should have had John take a photo of it.
                Last edited by andyscalzo; 12-15-2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

So, no Facebook account no entry then?

Comment

I'm in Andy. And if you guys (they) need a Beta Testing Guru in the Great White North, you know where to find me. I used to do quality assurance and test engineering professionally and have a design background. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogogordy View Post
                      So, no Facebook account no entry then?
                      This is a good and fair question Gordy. Here is Kamado Joe's official position;

"Kamado Joe uses Facebook as its primary social media outlet. All giveaways that are offered directly by Kamado Joe will be hosted directly from their Facebook page. In a situation like this where the giveaway is about Kamado Joe and its products, it won't be hosted from this site. There will be some future instances where Kamado Joe sponsors giveaways that are associated with things we do on the Kamado Joe Forum and those will be done here.

Kamado Joe has a great interest in this website and what we do here and they support us with some prize donations because of that.

This specific case just isn't one of those."

Comment

Tell Bobby he's alienating a lot of twitter-bound customers with a facebook only contest. I'd probably join facebook to prevent a potentially fatal shark attack, but I'd still have to think about it. It's decidedly anti-social to limit content to only one site.

Running corporate social media is one of my wife's responsibilities at her current job (and was at her last one too), and I've made sure to lend her my years of online experience to make sure the people at her company see she's doing a stellar job.
                        Last edited by bferne; 12-15-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

And can we expect this product to be released before or after the wizard? :P

Comment

I don't get what the problem is with having a facebook account? The KJ facebook page is pretty cool, it has a lot of content and photos on there.
                            Palmdale Ca.
                            Red Classic Joe -
                            Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JaxxQ View Post
                              I don't get what the problem is with having a facebook account? The KJ facebook page is pretty cool, it has a lot of content and photos on there.

I totally agree Jaxx. Thanks to Facebook I have reconnected to old classmates and friends, plus made a lot of new ones. I recently traveled to the Maritime Provinces and hooked-up with two people I met through Facebook. I spent a great day with each one. Facebook is how Bobby Brennan and I originally connected.....and now you know the rest of the story. Good day!
                              Last edited by andyscalzo; 12-16-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X