Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look: Kamado Joe BBQ Wizard

Posting per Bobby Brennan:

Here's a first look at the new Kamado Joe BBQ Wizard temperature control system!
    Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Nice! Though will there be a ac adapter? Sent via the WOPR Supercomputer, @2400 baud
    Kamado Big Joe | Large Big Green Egg
    Stumps Platinum 3 | Superior Smoker SS-1
    Stoker WiFi | Stoker Whitebox | Weber Gasser | Weber Kettle (Blue)

Follow the pits here: http://twitter.com/Thepittemp

Comment

very interesting!!

Comment

No AC adaptor in generation 1.
        Bobby
        bobby.brennan@kamadojoe.com
        (678) 866-0642

Comment

LOVE the new innovations that KJ is bringing to the market; they will surely attract a more people to the a Kamado Following which benefits us all.

Comment

Thanks Freddy.
            Bobby
            (678) 866-0642

Comment

Cool. It helps to set Kamado Joe apart from the pack.
              Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT (Redhead), SJG x2

Comment

I have two other temperature control systems. One is battery powered and the other is AC powered. I actually prefer the simplicity of the battery powered unit since I don't have to run a power cord to my grill. I use some decent quality rechargeable AA batteries in it and it works fine. I have run this one for probably close to 30 hours over two or three separate cooks before the batteries got low enough that I thought I needed to change them. Just in case, I always have some Duracells on hand...
                Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this one in action. Love to see how that probe in the back works. Like the attachment.

Comment

Will this be a standard item or optional?

Comment

What is the estimated date of arrival for this temp. controller? and price?
                      Big Joe | XL Big Green Egg | Weber Genesis S-310 | Weber Performer | 2 Weber Smokey Joes | Thermapen | BBQ Guru Party Q and Digi Q

Comment

We will offer it as standard in units and also make it available as an aftermarket item. Price of units will probably increase $150.
                        Bobby
                        (678) 866-0642

Comment

By the looks of it you'll still need a separate food probe like a Maverick or a Themoworks device to track food temps since there does not appear to be any food probes on the wizard.
                          Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

• andyscalzo
                            andyscalzo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are correct Steve, you will need a separate food probe.

I've stopped using food probes during cook. Over time I got to figure about hiw long it takes to cook something. I bought all these probes for my Stoker, and never use them. All I care about is the rock solid pit temp.

Comment

Most of the time you'll check with a Thermapen to see how things are coming along. Food probes are great for some of us perfectionist that simply like to track everything. This looks like a great option for people that are new to smoking or used to working with Gas grills. That's appears to be the target of the BBQ Wizard. The waterproof feature is a real nice touch. This definitely an issue that has been ignored by the other temp Controler manufactures.
                            Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Working...
                            X