Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some photos of our new Top Vent and Hinge (classic and Big)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some photos of our new Top Vent and Hinge (classic and Big)

Hope to introduce both in late summer for 2017 season. We went ahead and made the decision to introduce a counter balanced hinge for the Classic as well. Both hinges are being tooled right now. The counterbalance feature adds a little "wow factor" in our opinion. Once we developed it for the Big Joe it was hard not to do it for the Classic.
    Last edited by KJ Bobby; 02-13-2016, 06:50 PM.
    Bobby
    bobby.brennan@kamadojoe.com
    (678) 866-0642

Both are great innovations Bobby! There is a short video showing the new hinge in action over on the Kamado Joe Facebook page, but I don't know how to load it over here.
    Last edited by KJ Bobby; 02-13-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

yes! and along with the indestructible fire box these new upgrades will put Kamado Joe at the top of the ceramic cooker world, Great work Bobby! I cant wait till they are available
      Palmdale Ca.
      Red Classic Joe -
      Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

I do have a couple questions Bobby, are there plans to make them in the stainless steel for the stand alone models and any idea what they will cost
        Palmdale Ca.
        Red Classic Joe -

Comment

You and the rest of the KJ team never cease to amaze me with your dedication to making your products the best through innovation and service after the sale.

Give me a shout and I'll ride up to your office this week and pick up the new hinge and top vent for test runs on my classic, Black Beauty.

In all seriousness, the current classic hinge isn't bad since the lid isn't as heavy as the Big Joe but the weighted counter balance will give it that "WOW" factor and may prevent the lid from being slammed or dropped closed. Compare the trunk hinge and latch on a caddie versus a standard sedan, no way your slamming that puppy on your fingers or groceries.

I am stoked about the new vent and am curious to see how it functions after a dozen or more cooks when it gets good and greasy, I use a rawhide mallet to tap mine open when I'm starting a cook.

Comment

Bobby, do you know if the new hinge will be available to current BJ owners? I have problems with the top mating all around, higher in the rear, with the bottom when I have the screws in far enough to hold the top up. I received one replacement already but it didn't help that much and I still fight with it. It looks like the new hinge is the answer.
            Earl

Comment

Bobby,

Question from a new owner on the new cap. Have you considered having an insulated tab to adjust the cap without having to use a glove or tool? I know it might make the tab more bulky, but it would be very user friendly. I'm thinking of making this myself for using gasket felt and ultra-high temp silicone coating to protect against the elements.

Adam

Comment

Great continued innovation there Bobby and KJ R&D team!! Even though the Classic Joe has less risk of the lid coming down accidentally.. there are times when there is a puff of wind that makes the top rock back and forth some while the fire is lighting that makes me nervous. This great hinge design will eliminate this and also save on some ceramics warranty replacement claims. Thanks for sharing with us Bobby. It's great that you take time to keep us informed.

Comment

This looks great, I can't wait for the top vent and hinge!

Comment

Put me on the list for a BJ hinge and upper vent. Can't wait. Great job of innovating an already great product.

Comment

Wow.. These look amazing.

"Hope to introduce both in late summer for 2017 season"

So - this mean late summer '16 for the 17 season?

New vent, hinge.. a bigjoetisserie.. going to be an expensive year or two.

Comment

Thanks Bobby. Is there going to be a program in place for existing KJ owners to purchase the new hinge easily through local dealers?
                        Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

i like the idea of markings on the top vent. I used high heat paint mark mine. bought in AUG 2015

Comment

Originally posted by JaxxQ View Post
                            I do have a couple questions Bobby, are there plans to make them in the stainless steel for the stand alone models and any idea what they will cost
                            What he said. I've got a Big Joe that after using for a couple years, we built an outdoor kitchen with the Joe built in. I took off the shelves. It I'm staring at the attachment points for them and really need a stainless hinge band to look right. I'm willing to buy a replacement, just need to know how to do it and as someone pointed out to me, it seems like waiting until this new design comes out would be smart.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sherifftruman View Post

What he said. I've got a Big Joe that after using for a couple years, we built an outdoor kitchen with the Joe built in. I took off the shelves. It I'm staring at the attachment points for them and really need a stainless hinge band to look right. I'm willing to buy a replacement, just need to know how to do it and as someone pointed out to me, it seems like waiting until this new design comes out would be smart.
                              When I bought my Big Joe I also bought the stand alone with black bands and top vent, and after placing it I wanted the Stainless Top vent, I contacted KJ and asked them how to get it and they told me to go through the dealer because they dont sell the parts directly.I bought mine from BBQguys, so I called them and was able to buy one, You might want to give that a try
                              Palmdale Ca.
                              Red Classic Joe -

Comment

Working...
                              X