X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo: Kamado Joe Blow Lighter

Here's a brief video demo of the new Kamado Joe Blow Lighter in action. This product is part of the new accessory offerings from Kamado Joe that will be appearing in early 2014!
    Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Great review, and I like it. Don't know of if I'd like it/need it enough to justify the cost over my electric coil lighter...

Comment

Originally posted by ronman79 View Post
      Great review, and I like it. Don't know of if I'd like it/need it enough to justify the cost over my electric coil lighter...

Kamado Joe will be offering those also.
      ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Oven
      GrillGrates & Griddle Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
      Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen
      Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
      "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

John, you need to push that thing down in the charcoal a lot deeper! You should be getting sparks within 5-10 seconds (with a LooftLighter at least). When that end makes contact with the charcoal about an inch deep, they light QUICK! Otherwise, if that is all the faster this lights charcoal, I'll stick with my LL. After 30 seconds or so I'd have a raging fire and starting on ignition spot 2.

Just my experience.
        Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT (Redhead), SJG x2

Comment

• JMSetzler
          JMSetzler commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you are right! I have used it 3 or 4 times now to start fires and it does work better when its pushed in a little deeper. I have had a couple instances where it gets me sparks going in 30 seconds or less.

• nucornhusker
          nucornhusker commented
          Editing a comment
          Good. I'm glad to hear that it works better when buried deeper because I like the switch idea of this better than the push button on the LL. Thanks for reporting back! And I would say 30 seconds is probably about accurate with KJ lump since it's a little more dense. With Royal Oak or The Good One and some other lumps, they light quicker because they are less dense.

Sounds like a retest, eh John...?

Comment

Originally posted by ronman79 View Post
          Sounds like a retest, eh John...?
          Naa... it works well It also depends on the size of lump chunks you are pointing it towards... smaller ones get going much faster.
          Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Comment

I hear ya, bro. No doubt.

Comment

You know, the more I think about the blow lighter, the more I like it. I liked the concept of the switch vs. a press only button, and I like the idea of a forced air only mode (no heat). One thing I like to do with my LL if I'm cooking hot like for pizzas or steak, is once I have the fire started I put the LL in the air intake, into the firebox under the grate and force air into the cooker to really get a HOT fire and FAST! With air only, that would be great to not use unnecessary heat, and with the switch you won't have to stay lurched over to press the button to keep air coming.

When my LL craps out, I really think this is what I'm going to get.
              Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT (Redhead), SJG x2

Comment

Hey, with this I'll be able to get to a sear in just 13.3 minutes. Can you make it so it fits snugly into the intake vent? Will work better and you won't have to stick it way in the hole. I know it's to start the lump, but using the fan only mode is terrific also. I want one!

Comment

Does that thing have a cold beer access device built in to the stand?

Comment

Too big, it looks like there should be an ammo bearer with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X