No announcement yet.

Demo: Kamado Joe Blow Lighter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting but I think I'll stick with my good ol' chimney starter.

Comment

I still have my Looftlighter. It's 5-years old and still going. I'll have to wait for it to die before looking at a Joe Blow.
      Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Several Amazon reviews say this thing dies after about a month. Does anyone know what type of warranty comes with this thing?

Comment

great post..

Comment

I am a little over a month with my Joe blow. Still working perfectly. It does create loads of sparks as others have mentioned but I aint afraid of no sparks!
            Will be curious to see if this thing lasts into next season. Will keep the forum posted. The rest of you using this still or have you given up on the Joe Blow?

Comment

I do not have a joe blow but I do use a heat gun with a cool down setting. It is basically the same thing but my heat gun does have a changeable heating element should it ever die. I have used it for over a year with no issue. The model in the link below is the one I have.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Wagner-HT77...3022/202719898

Comment

Any reason not to use a propane torch ?

Comment

I personally like the convenience of electricity. I also have an unnatural fear of tanks of gas, flames...and explosions. Not saying its sane or rational.

Comment

Originally posted by Denicio View Post
                    I personally like the convenience of electricity. I also have an unnatural fear of tanks of gas, flames...and explosions. Not saying its sane or rational.

Guess you drive an electric car then.

Comment

Only if I could afford one. I did have a Honda Insight for about 2 years....but that's a hybrid.

Comment

First Joe Blow lasted me for about six lights, then something inside it snapped and seemed to block the fan/airflow. Dealer replaced it no questions. New unit seems to be working better and faster. No issues since. The newer models do not have the "fermented beverage access key"on the bottom like the original versions,

Comment

Working...
                        X