Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Detail: Kamado Joe Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail: Kamado Joe Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System!

Have your first detailed look at the new Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System that is coming standard with the new models of the Kamado Joe Classic and Big Joe Grills!
    Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Awesome stuff, John! Thanks, KJ! Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Optional full cooking rack? The hinged grate isn't included?

Comment

Looks like an excellent cooking system. I'm looking forward to getting them for my Classic and Big Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by MJOK View Post
          Watch the video again MJOK. The rack has the hinged grate. I have never once used that feature. With a properly set-up firebox, there really isn't any reason to have to use it. If you are using it to add wood chips, I would skip the chips and use wood chunks. Chips are a complete waste of time and money IMO.

I view the hinged grate as a selling feature that gets very little use in the field. I have nothing to back that up except my gut instincts, and I maybe wrong. Even with the hinged grate it is near impossible to add lump, chips or wood chunks with the heat deflector in place.
          Last edited by andyscalzo; 02-05-2014, 09:58 AM. Reason: Fat Fingers!
          ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
          Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
          GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
          Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
          "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

I agree 100% with Andy! I have hinge grate and never use it! That new rack looks like its kick ass! Thanks for the gread vid John ounce again!

Comment

Originally posted by andyscalzo View Post

Watch the video again MJOK. The rack has the hinged grate. I have never once used that feature. With a properly set-up firebox, there really isn't any reason to have to use it. If you are using it to add wood chips, I would skip the chips and use wood chunks. Chips are a complete waste of time and money IMO.

I view the hinged grate as a selling feature that gets very little use in the field. I have nothing to back that up except my gut instincts, and I maybe wrong. Even with the hinged grate it is near impossible to add lump, chips or wood chunks with the heat deflector in place.

Thanks Andyscalzo. I'm not so much interested in the hinged feature of the full grate, but rather in having the half grates and the full grate. I haven't rec'd my grill yet, but when I ordered it, the specs listed the flexible cooking system and the full hinged grate. Guess I'll wait and see what's in the box when it gets here.

Comment

With this design you can build yourself a raised half moon rack with stainless carriage bolts where you can store your eats for a few seconds while you lift the lower half moon grate to add more lumps or wood chunks. This design allows you to add lump or wood chunks on either side of the Joe whereas the flip grate only allows access to one side for stoking or smoking. The new set-up is vastly superior, more stable and will better handle heavier grates versus the old deflector kit. The grate will also not bump the gasket when scrapping off your grids anymore. The new deflector doesn't shake or let the grid slide when your scrubbing. The flip grate is also very hard to clean. It wobbles while your trying to scrub and it make it hard to scrap off the back side of the grate. The half-moon grates will be far easier to clean.
                Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Does anyone know how much the Kamado Joe Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System is going to cost?

Comment

John,

Thank you for posting such an informative video. I can't wait to get one of these new rack systems. I'm already planning on the many multiple configurations I can use it. I especially like the accessory "X" rack. It was somewhat cumbersome trying to get a drip pan in the current configuration. The ability to lift it out during use is a nice option. I'm reassured more and more that I made the right purchase when choosing the Joe. Really interested to see what this will wind up costing. Thanks Bobby for keeping new and innovative things coming.

Comment

Originally posted by mjflem View Post
                      Does anyone know how much the Kamado Joe Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System is going to cost?
                      Here's the prices Meghan sent me this morning. I would caution Canadian members these are US MRSP and Canadian MRSP's are likely to be 20% higher. ------------ - Stainless Steel Cooking Grate for Vegetables - $84.99 a piece - Stainless Steel Cooking Grate for Fish - $84.99 a piece Cast Iron - Cooking Grate- $44.99 a piece Cast Iron Reversible Griddle - $49.99 a piece - BJ-FCR Flexible Cooking Rack (BigJoe) $54.99 a piece
                      Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

March/April is shipping date to buy the Flexible racks.

Comment

Originally posted by MJOK View Post
                          The hinged grate is NOT included. The items that come with the rack are the rack, x-rack, two half moon heat deflectors and two half moon grill grates. You can add a full rack as an option if you wish.
                          Kamado Joe Classic ° Kamado Joe Big Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JMSetzler View Post

The hinged grate is NOT included. The items that come with the rack are the rack, x-rack, two half moon heat deflectors and two half moon grill grates. You can add a full rack as an option if you wish.
                            Sorry for the confusion MJOK!
                            ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
                            Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
                            GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
                            Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
                            "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

Is this system the same or different from the rack system described in the thread started 10/6/13

Comment

Working...
                              X