Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COSTCO roadshows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COSTCO roadshows

    Hello...does anyone have the newest listing for the roadshows....was told they were coming through my area in mid May and want to confirm this.

    Thanks

    Rob

  • #2
    http://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html save this limk...Tim

    Comment


    • #3
      link, sorry

      Comment


      • #4
        I posted this in the other thread, but keep checking the link weekly, as it changes. They keep adding and dropping dates and locations. I would even call the specific location you're interested the day it supposedly starts, as they showed up a day late for the chicago show. Good luck! I myself scored a Junior, to go along with my mini BGE, Big Steel Keg, and Acorn Junior =)

        Comment


        • #5
          Disappointed. No shows in the north east. PA, DC, VA, MD. Where's the love Costco!!

          Guess I'm sending my dad to Durham NC next week.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey guys,

            Just wanted to let everyone know that if you call BBQ guys and tell them that you are going to buy at Costco they will ship it to you at cost. The price difference ends up only being about $100 on the big joe (no sales tax if it is shipped which makes a big difference) - saved me 4 hours of driving to Cleveland and back. Not sure if the Costco package includes more stuff but for me the trade off was worth it.

            Can't wait to get grilling! Haven't had a charcoal grill for 25 years since I last lived in the US.

            Cheers to all.

            Greg

            Comment


            • #7
              I just spoke with them and they would only drop the price by $50. It was still going to cost me $1550. I guess I am driving to Durham this Saturday.

              Originally posted by Kiwismoking View Post
              Hey guys,

              Just wanted to let everyone know that if you call BBQ guys and tell them that you are going to buy at Costco they will ship it to you at cost. The price difference ends up only being about $100 on the big joe (no sales tax if it is shipped which makes a big difference) - saved me 4 hours of driving to Cleveland and back. Not sure if the Costco package includes more stuff but for me the trade off was worth it.

              Can't wait to get grilling! Haven't had a charcoal grill for 25 years since I last lived in the US.

              Cheers to all.

              Greg

              Comment


              • #8
                What are the prices for the Classics at these road shows? I am in the midwest, most likely would go to the St. Charles, IL show. Are these the latest 2015 models and do they come with the accessories? I am debating between this and a demo large BGE that comes with a stand, wooden side tables, plate setter, and nest handler for $800 + tax. Thanks for any info!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lifeski View Post
                  I just spoke with them and they would only drop the price by $50. It was still going to cost me $1550. I guess I am driving to Durham this Saturday.

                  Where are you located? I paid $1300 locally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Richmond Virginia

                    Where are you located? I paid $1300 locally.[/QUOTE]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We rented a pickup and drove to Durham, NC this morning. There was another couple ahead of us and we both went home with a Big Joe and 4 bags of charcoal. After the 2.5 hour drive home hubby and a neighbor got this thing onto my deck. This thing is a monster but I am sure I am going to love it. My grill box says it was 1 of 5 but the rep stated he was going to order more Big Joes.

                      Teresa

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lifeski View Post
                        We rented a pickup and drove to Durham, NC this morning. There was another couple ahead of us and we both went home with a Big Joe and 4 bags of charcoal. After the 2.5 hour drive home hubby and a neighbor got this thing onto my deck. This thing is a monster but I am sure I am going to love it. My grill box says it was 1 of 5 but the rep stated he was going to order more Big Joes.

                        Teresa
                        What was the discount on the big joe from normal retail??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My local store wanted 1599 so even with the truck rental I saved a few hundred dollars plus they were going to have to order it and it could be A couple of weeks before they received it according to them.
                          Originally posted by Smoothbassman View Post

                          What was the discount on the big joe from normal retail??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Same here a local grill store wanted $1599.00 for the Big Joe $1199.00 at the roadshows. ..come with cover and firestarter. I grabbed 2 bags of lump also.

                            -Rob

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              First post!!!
                              Man, I bought reg joe past Christmas (thank you wife), since I never used the Kamado style grill before, and didn't think I needed the big joe. Big Joe looked intimidating at that time. Now, using the Joe for past 5+ months, I think I may have to trade in my reg joe and replace with big joe at Costco.

                              Cooking chicken thigh from cost, I can arrange them pretty nicely on reg joe and can get about 15 (3 individual pouches from Costco)...Having 3 boys (2, 5, 10), they are starting to gobbling up some good cooking that I do...then wife and I end up with less and less food. Kids are loving whatever comes out of this thing, and everytime I see they eat more. Which is good problem to have.

                              Anyone has gone from reg to big Joe? Does it use that much more lump or about the same? Not that really matters, but I think I will need that almost 2X grilling surface....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X