Road Show Dissapointment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Show Dissapointment

Took a day off from work to attend Costco Road show Montgomeryville PA. I wanted to be one of the first ones. Drove all the way there only to find out Rep didn't show. Is this a common occurrence? Time is valuable! Especially around the Holidays.

I would have called KJ and asked what was going on before leaving. I would have also requested the deal since I was first in line. Something like: "Hey, I'm the first one here at the Roadshow looking to get the demo deal and no one's here", etc. etc. Sorry to hear that. How far did you travel?

Comment

Didn't think to call KJ. I'll try to call them in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by OOPS1215 View Post
        Didn't think to call KJ. I'll try to call them in the morning.
        Not cool. Don't advertise the show if it's not happening.

Comment

Obviously this was odd. If shows cancelled regularly Costco wouldn't have KJ as a partner. Floor space is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveInStL View Post
            Obviously this was odd. If shows cancelled regularly Costco wouldn't have KJ as a partner. Floor space is expensive.
            Don't know that he said it canceled. Just that the rep was not yet there when the store opened.

Comment

Took a day off from work to attend Costco Road show Montgomeryville PA. I wanted to be one of the first ones. Drove all the way there only to find out Rep didn't show. Is this a common occurrence? Time is valuable! Especially around the Holidays.
              I went there on the 22nd and the Big Joe was 1399.00. Did the prices go up from 1199??
              Last edited by Beerman1225; 12-28-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

last week at the Brentwood TN road show prices where same as last year when I got mine

Comment

Same thing happened to me this last Friday... Took the day (good Friday) out of the office in an attempt to get "the deal", clearly the first one there and get all the way to the back of the store before being told that KJ no showed and that it was going to start Monday. So much for "the deal" seeing that two days out of the office is worth well more than $400 just stunk that there was nothing posted anywhere nor was there even a note at the actual Costco location. There was easily 5 people there attempting to get the deal so there was some unhappy people...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiahpreston View Post

Same thing happened to me this last Friday... Took the day (good Friday) out of the office in an attempt to get "the deal", clearly the first one there and get all the way to the back of the store before being told that KJ no showed and that it was going to start Monday. So much for "the deal" seeing that two days out of the office is worth well more than $400 just stunk that there was nothing posted anywhere nor was there even a note at the actual Costco location. There was easily 5 people there attempting to get the deal so there was some unhappy people...
                    Curious to know where you are. In the Cincinnati area and surroung 50 miles, I have twice gone in more than a day later and the demo deal was still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamado Al View Post

Curious to know where you are. In the Cincinnati area and surroung 50 miles, I have twice gone in more than a day later and the demo deal was still available.

I am actually in Michigan and the "roadshow" was in Commerce (suburb of Detroit). I was able to make it back out today for the start of it and there was 4 of us waiting for the doors to open and get the deal, I was able to get it as there was a group of standup guys that acknowledged that I was there first today. The "deal" here was the Big Joe display, Joe Jr display, cover for the BJ and some fires tarters, honestly I feel like I have read on the forums that others got much more but when the line is four deep they really don't have to give anything...

Overall excited but also worried that I overshot myself as I have never used a Kamado grill before nor have I smoked before but it has been an interest over the last couple of years because my neighbors smoke and make some amazing stuff. This whole thing started because my wife wanted a pizza oven built into our new deck, I seen the price and said that was not happening and then started reading about how much you can do with Kamado's (seems like you can do EVERYTHING) and felt that it was the best option long term for my family to grill, do pizzas and play with smoking. We live on the lake and entertain on the weekends a lot and the kids love Friday night pizza so the Big Joe just seemed like a no brainer, the Jr seems perfect for the weekdays when it is just my wife, two kids and I and being "free" makes it even sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiahpreston View Post

I am actually in Michigan and the "roadshow" was in Commerce (suburb of Detroit). I was able to make it back out today for the start of it and there was 4 of us waiting for the doors to open and get the deal, I was able to get it as there was a group of standup guys that acknowledged that I was there first today. The "deal" here was the Big Joe display, Joe Jr display, cover for the BJ and some fires tarters, honestly I feel like I have read on the forums that others got much more but when the line is four deep they really don't have to give anything...

Overall excited but also worried that I overshot myself as I have never used a Kamado grill before nor have I smoked before but it has been an interest over the last couple of years because my neighbors smoke and make some amazing stuff. This whole thing started because my wife wanted a pizza oven built into our new deck, I seen the price and said that was not happening and then started reading about how much you can do with Kamado's (seems like you can do EVERYTHING) and felt that it was the best option long term for my family to grill, do pizzas and play with smoking. We live on the lake and entertain on the weekends a lot and the kids love Friday night pizza so the Big Joe just seemed like a no brainer, the Jr seems perfect for the weekdays when it is just my wife, two kids and I and being "free" makes it even sweeter.
                        Well congrats! I hadn't cooked on a kamado either until my purchase last April. I had spent untold years on other smokers however. The learning curve is not too steep. There are several videos posted on the forum to get you started. Great Kamadoing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kamado Al View Post

Well congrats! I hadn't cooked on a kamado either until my purchase last April. I had spent untold years on other smokers however. The learning curve is not too steep. There are several videos posted on the forum to get you started. Great Kamadoing...

Thanks Al!

I have already started fishing around on the videos and the wife is already finding a ton or recipes, she is just as excited to start playing with this thing as I am!

Comment

Working...
                          X