Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 2017 Kamado Joe Model at Costco Roadshows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2017 Kamado Joe Model at Costco Roadshows?

Hi Guys, I know the 2017 models are being discussed a lot, but I had a question that hasn't came up yet in the forums ( if it did I apologize if I missed it). So I heard from a Kamado Joe rep at one of the Costco Road Show here in GA saying that the new models are coming out March of this year ( don't know if it's true but that's what he said). My question is, do you guys think that the new models will be sold at Costco Road Shows? My guess is not since they have to increase the price and re-market for the new models which will add additional resources. Reason why I ask is because I have the Joe Jr but about to get the Big Joe. I want to wait for the new models come out but if they're not going to sell them at Costco at a discounted price, then I'm just going to buy the current model at the next roadshow. Plus I heard there might be a design flaw with the beefier hinge.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by onebigyoshi_9215; 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM.

I wrestled waiting then decided to go ahead and purchase now. I do not believe the upgrades as nice as they are will have any affect on the final product. Another reason for buying at the RS just last week is the added cost and there has been some that mentioned your concerns of either the price or that KJ may not include the addtl. items that are thrown in when you get the RS deal.

However it works out I am glad I got my KJC!

Cheers,
    OR

Comment

The new features will be nice, BUT they will come with a cost, and a significant cost. The old models will still cook exactly the same as the upgraded Joes. I think the price of the upgrades will make the original Joes a great value, especially for people with a limited budget.

Comment

I don't see a reason why they would not sell the new 2017 models at the Costco Roadshow. Costco is probably one of their biggest revenue channels and even with the added resources, it is still gonna be a better deal than anywhere else. I, for one, am waiting for the new 2017 models to be sold at the Roadshow. This will be my first ceramic grill and I definitely want the latest and greatest. The counter balance hinge to me is more of a safety measure especially with kids that are curious to see the inside of a bright red oval egg. I believe they made the upgrades for a reason and if it makes it a better product, I am all for it.

Comment

Have you guys read the article below?

http://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.c...joe-grill.html

Under "New for 2017", the person wrote about his take on the new hinge and gasket. Of course this is one man's opinion but his concerns seem pretty valid. Thoughts?

Comment

I read that and yes, his concerns seems valid but again he's playing Devil's Advocate and I am hoping the 2017 model he got to play around with isn't a finalized version. Looks like the author just gave it a look over and maybe played with the hinge and made some assuptions. Also, we won't know for sure how the two changes especially the counterbalance hinge will test in real world situations. Only time will tell. I mean if the gasket is too thick or shrinks with time, one would hope Kamado Joe will need to address it and hopefully offer replacements. Like anything newly introduced it isn't gonna be perfect.

Comment

Costco is now selling "Pit Boss" according to the website? There's one in my local store. IDK.

Comment

I agree with Andy, the current model will cook just as well as the "newer" model. If history is a lesson that should be learned, then don't take any release date mentioned as the gospel (how many are still waiting on the wireless temperature system). I'd much rather be enjoying my Joe right now, instead of waiting on what is "supposedly coming in March".

Comment

FYI roadshow starting today in Redding CA, they are NOT the new 2017 ones. Personally I'm glad, getting one here today.

Comment

I just spoke to a kamado joe rep and the person i talked to confirmed that the new models will be coming to costco around March. Also said that price will increase about 25% on all 3 models.

Comment

Originally posted by yljkt View Post
                      Costco is now selling "Pit Boss" according to the website? There's one in my local store. IDK.
                      Costco has been carrying them since at least last February / March

Comment

http://24dad7.com/2017/02/05/kamado-...nyvale-costco/

Comment

Quote from the link: "​One thing Carl did emphasize is there never was a “buy a Classic and you get a Joe Jr.” deal, which has been circulating on the Internet and forums."

​The deal is the first one to claim the floor model BigJOE gets a JoeJR free. You have to come back at the end of the roadshow to claim them. I know two individuals who scored the combo. That's a great deal!

Comment

Does it depend on the reps? And is it only regional??

Comment

Hi guys, for what it's worth I was told by a KJ rep (just yesterday) that starting March 1, 2017 the new models will be sold at the roadshows. I was on the cusp of buying the Big Joe but decided to wait till the new model is available. He as also said the new models would come with a 25% increase in cost, as others have stated here.

Comment

Working...
                              X