Crack in Firebox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack in Firebox

Purchased my Classic on 8-20-16. Today, I noticed that I have a good sized crack in the Firebox. What do I do? Is it safe to use tonight? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Go to the KJ web site and fill out a warranty form, KJ will send you a new one. You can continue to use that one without any worries, while you are waiting.
    Earl

Comment

Here is a link for the contact information
      http://www.kamadojoe.com/forms/customerSupport

Comment

Yes you can use it

Comment

i have been going for about a year with my cracked firebox, my new one is still in the box, I figured I would go as long as i could before changing out
          Palmdale Ca.
          Red Classic Joe -
          Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Call them or email. They will send a new one free of charge. Ask for Megan, she is awesome!

Comment

My firebox is cracked in several places. One piece even broke off and slid down. I can't even use my big Joe. They told me last night on the phone the fire boxes are on back order and it will be three weeks. Three freaken weeks then probably another week to ship me one. Is there any other place online I can just purchase a fire box?

Comment

Get this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-High-...gallon/3572462 and glue your firebox back together, until your replacement arrives. It will work fine for all you cooks.
                Earl

Comment

I ordered some furnace cement from Amazon. I went to Lowes and they were all out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tyscott40 View Post
                    I ordered some furnace cement from Amazon. I went to Lowes and they were all out. Thanks
                    I would be careful what you use to patch the firebox, especially adhesives. They very well could produce toxic fumes and/or odors. I doubt any are rated as "Food Safe". Just my 2ยข take!

Comment

Does anyone knows why the Firebox tend to crak? Am I doing something wrong or it may happen all of a sudden with any firebox?

Comment

The basic answer is heat makes them crack. You are not doing anything wrong. Just keep using it. I would not glue it together, as Andy said the glue would need to be food safe.

Comment

Is the crack due to a design flaw? Do other Kamado manufacturers experience the same? I'm waiting for my second replacement after 2 years of use.

Comment

My Classic Joe cracked its firebox back in Oct. I did a claim and at the time Customer support said they were on back order, I went a hole month without hearing anything from them, I emailed them several times for an ETA with no response, So I opened a new claim complaining that one of the big reasons I went with Kamado Joe was their customer support and that I was very disappointed, The next day I got an email saying the firebox would ship the next day, So I thought great im finally going to get it. and then it arrived in a 100 pieces, Now I have to open another claim,
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	39598
                            Palmdale Ca.
                            Red Classic Joe -
                            Black Big Joe - Red Jr Joe

Comment

Oh yikes!...

Comment

Working...