Does kamado joe support customers???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does kamado joe support customers???

It seems like a few people are having issues with support (including myself).
    I had 2 issues opened. The first got the wrong part shipped to me after 2 months and the other I didn't receive. I have called and emailed several times without any answer. You would expect that spending so much money would get you a little support. Can someone from kamado joe please comment on what's going on with support? I like the product very much but if I can't get support, I can't recommend it...

They have excellent service! Each time I contacted them via email with picture of issues I had reply within 48 hours and parts at my door within a couple of days after. To me that great customer service!

Comment

Maybe the fact that i live in canada makes a difference...i have been trying to hound them down to get an update on my issues by i can't get a hold of anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertamante View Post
        It seems like a few people are having issues with support (including myself).
        I had 2 issues opened. The first got the wrong part shipped to me after 2 months and the other I didn't receive. I have called and emailed several times without any answer. You would expect that spending so much money would get you a little support. Can someone from kamado joe please comment on what's going on with support? I like the product very much but if I can't get support, I can't recommend it...
        Are your problems with a Big Joe firebox? I have been waiting a long time for a replacement.

Comment

Are these posts just internet trolls?

Comment

I have no trouble gettIng a hold of anyone at the KJ office. You can call KJ and speak to someone directly. There have been several parts mix-up's and they can be slow to reply to support tickets.

The company has grown exponentially over the past year. I think Bobby will need to evaluate and they will need to make changes to KJ's support department. KJ should look into adding a CRM and with reminders for support tickets. KJ could also look into an online parts store to make it easier for customers to replace service parts.
            Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Never had a problem calling their number and speaking with a person. Hard to believe you actually called the phone number and couldn't talk to someone.

Comment

No, my problems were with the bands and the grill gripper.
                I'll keep trying to catch them. I hope some from KJ reads these and gives us some help.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveInStL View Post
                  Are these posts just internet trolls?
                  It would help to identify them if we could see their profiles

Comment

Hey guys, this is a support forum and we are talking about support issues. I'm trying to find out how others get help and if KJ can look into these issues. In the end, we are trying to make things better for both customers and KJ. I love my unit but it's a big problem when you can't get a hold of support. I'm not posting this issue on every single forum out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Robertamante View Post
                      Hey guys, this is a support forum and we are talking about support issues. I'm trying to find out how others get help and if KJ can look into these issues. In the end, we are trying to make things better for both customers and KJ. I love my unit but it's a big problem when you can't get a hold of support. I'm not posting this issue on every single forum out there...
                      You say you called them several times without any answer. I've owned 4 kamado joes over the last 4 years and never had an issue with someone not answering the phone. Are you telling us that every time you call no one answers the phone or returns your calls? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Correct. I had called at least 5 times and sent several emails. I have no advantage in making these things up...I see other people on the forum having the same issue.
                        Luckily today I finally got a call back. I was unfortunately unable to take the call but I will try to call back tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted but like I said, I love the product and I think that if they can get more support staff, they would have a top notch company. Trust trying to help out and get help

Comment

Update: I called back and sent an email yesterday but still didn't get a reply back...

Comment

I am a new owner (the profile page on this site comes up blank too, otherwise I'd fill it out - new owner of a Big Joe in DFW, bought at the last Costco demo here this fall) and have had problems too - I've filed a warranty claim (broken heat shield) seven weeks ago and still haven't received the replacement part. The ticket is logged, but no responses to emails asking for a status update. Is phone support the way to go?

Comment

You guys need to check out kamadoguru.com or Facebook, there are multiple posts over there, including posts from Kamado Joe, about these issues. For all they have with their products, it seems this site kind of goes the wayside. Anyways, there is a new firebox design that they will be shipping soon as well as other improved parts such as the hinge and dome vent cap. Also, there was a staffing shortage in the Customer Service dept that has since been recently filled. Kamado Joe is a great company and makes awesome products, you will get taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                              X