Gasket question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket question

I need to replace the gasket on my Classic. I've seen some new gaskets out there with the new KJ models (e.g., wire mesh, etc.). Are any of these available? Should I stick with the felt or try something new?

Also, will any of the new KJ features be sold separately - like the Kontrol Tower?

Many thanks.

I saw a post on FB where it was said the new gasket would be available as a replacement in late April as well as the new top vent.

Comment

I wonder if the new hinge will also be available.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the felt gasket. Treat it well and it will last.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveInStL View Post
          Nothing wrong with the felt gasket. Treat it well and it will last.

Funny you say this because I came here specifically looking for when I could buy the new gasket. I think the change to the gasket was required. Mine was constantly tearing at the back near the hinge. It's the shady side of the grill and the sun would warm the front enough to thaw the gasket in the front and when you opened it, it would tear at the back. Sadly this was the better of the options as if it was really cold the entire lid would be frozen shut.

Comment

I am not sure how well the new gasket will work with our older KJ's. It is supposed to be much thicker than the original and I think getting the top and bottom to fit with that thick of a gasket could be a problem. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I recently replaced the gasket on my BJ so I am good for a while.
            Earl

Comment

Working...
            X