Proud new owner-KJ Classic II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud new owner-KJ Classic II

Hello all...As of yesterday, I am the new owner of a KG Classic II, picked up at the Costco Roadshow in GA. By the way, for anyone wondering, yes, they did have the new 2017 classic with all the new features. The pricing is $969. I've been using a kamado/ceramic cooker for a long time...had a Grill Dome for maybe 12 years or so and it has been a cooking machine. I have loved the GD with the only major issues being the paint...I don't believe the painted finish can last a lifetime on that grill as opposed to the glazed finishes on KJ and some others. Anyway, I'm looking forward to transitioning over to the KJ!

I do have some questions...if anyone can help, please reply:
    1) What is the registration process? I found a registration link on KJ site, but it seems to be incomplete, or having issues. I sent a customer support request through the site to them, which also generated some errors. It looks like the message did make it through though, so we'll see.
    2) There was an extra part in my grill grate lifter tool box...a small round metal tube, maybe an inch long and a nut and washer, packaged in a small bag. Any idea what this is for?
    3) The side tables are not level...they are angled up, some angle on both sides. Looks like the reason for this is that the rounded out piece on the end of each support arm...that slides up on the tab to hold the side tables up...looks like these are cut a little bit too shallow. Has anyone experienced this?

Otherwise, the packaging was top-notch, the grill is perfect condition and the new hinge seems to be adjusted perfectly out of the box. The fit & finish on the KJ is truly a notch above competitors!
    Thanks for the help,
    JC

Congrats and enjoy your new Classic!!
    Earl

Comment

Here is a picture of the part I mentioned...was in the same box as the grate lifter tool. Any idea what this is for?

Comment

I wondering the exact same thing. I also received a bag of 4 stainless steel screws. No idea what they are for?

Comment

The 4 stainless steel screws are to attached the upper part of the stand to the lower part of the stand. The screw holes are on the inside so you'll have to remove your KJ to installed them.

I have the same question about the tube, nut, and washer.

Comment

Enjoy your Joe! Welcome to the forum.

Comment

I also had the same questions, just got my Big Joe today. I also had a second bag with two wing nuts and washers, no explanation. I went over the unit thoroughly to see if they were some type of replacement part, but still no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
                I also had the same questions, just got my Big Joe today. I also had a second bag with two wing nuts and washers, no explanation. I went over the unit thoroughly to see if they were some type of replacement part, but still no idea.
                I saw a picture where the firebox divider is held to the ash grate with wing nuts, perhaps they are for that.

Comment

That's what they are for GrillingB, attaching the firebox divider to the ash grate.
                  Also, I emailed support on the part that JC33 mentioned and received this prompt reply from Meghan:
                  "I checked with the warehouse that the little bag is basically to stop the airlift so if you had to replace the dome or base, it will prevent it from opening."
                  Really nice and thoughtful to have this extra hardware with the kit. I just finished tightening all nuts and bolts with the included wrenches- very easy and convenient!

Comment

Kingfish, Thanks for the info on the tube, nut and washer.

Comment

Working...
                    X