X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented Side shelf

Bummed out as I was liting my side shelf up and seemed to have jammed it and punctured the side. Are individual side pieces available for purchase? Can't have holes up here, rains too much.

Kamado Big Joe | Large Big Green Egg
    Stumps Platinum 3 | Superior Smoker SS-1
    Stoker WiFi | Stoker Whitebox | Weber Gasser | Weber Kettle (Blue)

Follow the pits here: http://twitter.com/Thepittemp

1. That's just cosmetic. They are going to get a lot more beat up than that if you plan on doing any amount of cooking. If you're worried, I would just go to the hardware store and find a matching color of wood filler. Putty it in, and give it a LIGHT sanding. I personally would just leave it alone.
    ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
    Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
    GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
    Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
    "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

Maybe just put a little epoxy over the dent?

Comment

The same thing has happened to my Big Joe but mine looks a little worse than yours. Mine caught a couple times when I failed to slide the table out far enough before I lifted them up. I'm not really worried about it. The side tables on my XL big green egg looked like sh*t after the first year and I think the KJ ones are of much better quality.
        Big Joe | XL Big Green Egg | Weber Genesis S-310 | Weber Performer | 2 Weber Smokey Joes | Thermapen | BBQ Guru Party Q and Digi Q

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much either Snoqualmiesmoker. It's just added incentive to build a table for the Joe instead. Mine are dent free but they get pretty greasy. I might have quit being so lazy and scrub them.
          Two KJ Big Joe's (One Big Joe was not enough) -1x Red Big Joe - 1 x Black Big Joe - Red Thermapen - CyberQ Wifi - Baking Steel - SpitJack Injector -Griddle Q - Maverick PT 732

Comment

Steve use some Greased Lightening Orange Blast. Let it sit a few minutes and you will do very little scrubbing, just some wiping.
            ClassicJOE BigJOE ComboJOE JoeJR Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
            Maverick PT-100 Maverick ET-732 Thermapen TempTest 1
            GrillGrates Kamado Mate Rotisserie Rib-O-Lator
            Backyard BBQ'er Spooner, Wisconsin
            "Go Big or Stay Home"

Comment

Thanks for both tips.
              Kamado Big Joe | Large Big Green Egg
              Stumps Platinum 3 | Superior Smoker SS-1
              Stoker WiFi | Stoker Whitebox | Weber Gasser | Weber Kettle (Blue)

Follow the pits here: http://twitter.com/Thepittemp

Comment

Working...
              X